This magnificent wine is made with grapes from its own vineyards located in Rioja Alta, with an average age of 70 years and is of the Garnacha variety. All the grapes are carefully hand-harvested in 18 kg boxes and after selecting the grapes, the fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks for a minimum of 20 days at 28ºC. Malolactic fermentation is natural. The wine won’t be touched for 16 months in new 225L barrels of medium-toasted Central European oak and another 12 months in the bottle before being marketed. Optimal consumption is within the next 10 years.
- Color: Deep cherry red
- Aromas: Warm aromas of strawberries, cocoa, and butter
- Taste: Powerful in the mouth, it is tasty, with volume, very good acidity, and a long finish.
- Temperature: 60 – 62º F (16 – 17º C)
- Food: Beef stew with potatoes
- Music: Cherry Wine (Nas & Amy Winehouse)